Wednesday 24 July 2013

Lemon Yogurt Cupcakes

My first attempt of these cupcakes was more than a year ago.


I like to use Greek yogurt in my baking and I prefer this type of thick, creamy yogurt than the normal plain ones. I first fell in love with the Greek yogurt when I visited Greece many years ago. It can be used to replace the heavy whipping cream which is often used in making non-bake cheesecake for a healthier choice and reduce calories.


My friend, Jacqueline shared this lemon yogurt cupcakes recipe with me a year ago and it has since been one of my favourite cupcakes which I make often. I have replaced the original plain flour with Organic unbleached flour and replaced the caster sugar with Organic raw sugar.

Lemon Yogurt Cupcakes

Ingredients : (makes 12)
150g organic unbleached flour (sifted)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
240ml greek style yogurt
170g organic raw sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp of lemon zest (abt 2 lemons)
1 tsp vanilla extract
120g melted butter

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 170°C.
2. In a mixing bowl, whip up the eggs, sugar & vanilla extract using an electric mixer until well combined.
3. Add in the lemon zest, melted butter & yogurt & mix on low speed.
4. Mix in the salt, flour & baking powder using medium speed for about 1 minute to achieve a smooth batter.
5. Pour the cake mixture into 12 cupcake liners & fill them to the top.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven to cool on wire rack before storing in air-tight container.



“It takes time and effort to compose or translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you do not copy and pass it off as your own recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please at least provide a link to the relevant post. Thank you.”


© Copyright 2013 bakingtaitai.blogspot.sg