Thursday 25 July 2013

Chocolate Fudge Cake


I love anything chocolate especially dark ones with at least 70% cacao. As you can see, dark chocolate is used very frequently in my bakes and it sure lift me up whenever I sunk my teeth into these delectable chocolate cakes!



This chocolate fudge cake was well received by my family and I have adapted it from Nigella.

Chocolate Fudge Cake

Ingredients:

for the cake:

  • 400 grams organic unbleached flour
  • 250 grams caster sugar
  • 100 grams brown sugar
  • 50 grams Valrhona cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda                                                           
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 3 large eggs
  • 142 ml Greek style yogurt                                                             
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla paste                                                           
  • 175 grams unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
  • 125 ml corn oil
  • 300 ml chilled water

for the fudge icing:

  • 175 grams 85% dark chocolate (use at least minimum 70% cocoa solids)
  • 250 grams unsalted butter (softened)
  • 275 grams icing sugar (sifted)
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract



“It takes time and effort to compose or translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you do not copy and pass it off as your own recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please provide a link back to the relevant post. Thank you.”
© Copyright 2013 bakingtaitai.blogspot.sg